Thursday, May 5, 2011

Acceptance.

Gosh I would love for these guys to come back. I just discovered them a couple months ago, but I immediately fell in love. Their songs are beautiful. They transition from fast songs, to slow ballads like it's nothing, and make it sound better than bands who focus on one or the other. Because the thrumming beat of the fast songs is perfectly balanced with crooning vocals. Sigh. And the fact that they only ever made one LP only makes me want it more. If I had a few albums to choose from, they would be easier to find and therefore less... exclusive? Challenging? Less of a priority maybe?  But I haven't been able to find Phantoms anywhere, which is driving me slightly nuts. And let me just say, I refuse to buy online or download. So unless I manage to track it down on one of my various trips to Portland, their cool factor will just keep going up while part of me mourns forever.
Of course, I'm still crossing my fingers and wishing on stars that they get back together (come on Jason!). Plus I feel a little bit of hometown loyalty since I live so close to Seattle. Just saying.
Anyways, I'm officially moving their album to the top of my list. And let me tell you, the day I get it, it will go in CD player in my car and will stay there for at least a week. Not to mention being on repeat on my Zune. But that's just how I am with CDs. I remember when I got Yellowcard's newest, When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes, I listened to it for two weeks straight before I listened to anything else. And when I did listen to something else, it was their other CDs. (Oh, and as a sidenote, the YC guys are big fans of Acceptance. Their cool factor doubled because of that. A big thanks to Sean M. for turning me on to them!)

So i'll stop my obsessive rant now, but is their any bands/albums that you feel this strongly about? I read once that sometimes you have to watch someone else love something before you can really love it, and I've found that to have quite a bit of truth in music.

"Could this be out of line? (Could this be out of line?) To say you're the only one breaking me down like this" -So Contagious

No comments:

Post a Comment